Fresco is a 2D environment for video chat and collaborative exploration, allowing user-created game-like learning experiences. It is a product in development within the Kahoot! Group of companies, currently focusing on the corporate learning context.
As we work with our early adopter clients and continue to build out the platform, we are looking for a learning games designer with experience in workplace education to design learning experiences and pathways within the Fresco platform. The goals of this phase of the work are to explore ways to design activities that leverage the affordances of a 2D interactive environment, and to help us prioritize the features that are most needed to support innovative learning experiences.
- Design and implement game-based learning experiences for adults inside of Fresco to showcase Fresco’s value proposition
- Explore new ways the platform can support social learning, using existing and future software features
- Incorporate pedagogical best practices and learning science principles into Fresco experiences
- Conduct small-scale user testing to identify the most effective activity types within Fresco
- Identify Fresco’s most promising modalities for deeper learning and skills-based training, by leveraging the affordances of the platform
Key qualifications and experience:
- Experience designing and creating games for learning
- Knowledge of learning science and learning design principles, with a focus on adult learning
- Experience in the corporate learning or workplace training sector
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in a very open-ended possibility space
- Enjoy being part of a collaborative team and giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Excellent communications in a remote team environment across time zones
The person in this role will collaborate closely with Fresco’s small development team and Kahoot!’s Director of Pedagogy. We are a playful team who believes in design thinking and rapid prototyping, and we are passionate about pushing the boundaries of learning through technology. We are looking for a full-time team member, and are open to discussing either a contract role or a staff position. As we want our content and platform to reflect the diversity of our users, people of color and those from marginalized groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please email both Aymeric Gaurat Apelli and Louisa Rosenheck ([email protected], [email protected]) with your resume, letter of interest, and portfolio.
Applications are open as of April 15, 2022 and will be reviewed on a rolling basis with the position remaining open until filled. We look forward to seeing what you have to offer!